只需一步,快速开始

楼主: 小书虫
打印 上一主题 下一主题

喜福会 - 书评

[复制链接]

该用户从未签到

11#
发表于 2012-9-2 10:33:12 | 只看该作者
  在偶然的情况下看了此书,初不觉惊艳,后竟深入其中。对于其中讲述的母女之间那种微妙的感情作者写得很透彻。通过4对在美国的母女之间的自述描述文化的差异性,两代人之间特殊的感情。一开始读的时候,感觉不容易进入小说的情节。可能是小说本来看的也不多,这种结构和写法自己从未见过。然而,通过期间微妙的关系将其联系在一起。所以感觉还是很精彩。然而,小说的写作年份是1989年。里面的有些文化差异现在到未必有,故在这方面未能产生许多认同感。此外,觉得小说有时候看起来竟然有英文的感觉,我想这大概并非一位优秀的翻译,有些句式依然是英语文法。只个人感觉,也许有差。改努力学英文,哪天可读英文版,必然会更有感觉

来自: 豆瓣

该用户从未签到

12#
  终于囫囵吞枣地看完这部小说。
  像一座并不复杂的迷宫,但需要你时时回到起点,停下来,慢慢理清。四对母女,女儿、母亲各自讲述,母亲们的故事瑰丽,却总带悲怆的底色,是一段段的传奇。女儿们的故事则较为寻常,更多带有现实的无奈。
  母亲总有一些奇怪的道理和超能力,在华裔移民母女身上突显,其实在所有母女身上亦然。
  母亲对事物未萌状态的预感;一眼将女儿看透,却也有着隔岸观火的疏离;母亲相信的力量,努力的执念。与之相对,便是女儿的不见与毫无知觉,即便好似什么都看着,却什么都没看见;女儿总也斗不过母亲的心理战术;女儿对生活的无谓,不做任何挽留与挽救。
  也有身份认同问题,美国人还是中国人?母亲对自己身份、面孔的疑惑,女儿对自己美国人身份的笃定。
  母亲与女儿之间的矛盾与牵绊,隔阂与理解。

母女关系真是大问题。我常常会觉得“长大后我就成了你”真是一句不善的咒语。
  我妈妈常常给我讲些奇奇怪怪的道理,我像书中的女儿一样,装作听不见,慢慢地,我发现妈妈的道理早就讲给了我听。生活中的种种,逐渐向我揭示这些道理,由不得我不信。
  小的时候,我看出妈妈的种种“坏习惯”,并且笃信我不会有,慢慢地,我发现我跟她是如此相像,并不是别人口中的长相和说话的语气、神情,而是面对问题与生活的种种本能的反应。那些坏习惯,丝毫不差地长在我身上,像是遗传自她的浅褐雀斑。这一发现,曾让我觉得恐惧又抗拒。
  在我20还是21岁的时候,我突然发现妈妈跟我一样是天蝎座,于是我瞬间明白了为什么我从来“斗”不过她,就是书中的女儿一样。于是我也坦然地接受了我的性情与她如此之像的事实。
  母亲与女儿之间,总有许多无法言说的微妙,但到底,我们还是会彼此谅解的吧,就像楼梯,“一阶连着一阶”,是无法分离的吧。

该用户从未签到

13#
        昨晚做了个梦直到醒来,可再努力也回想不起来了。

《喜福会》,好久没有这么流畅的读过一本小说了。很早就想读这本书,在ZJG图书馆很多次找了 “在架上”的它,却扑了个空,于是让我好奇这本该属于那里的书到底去哪里了。从西溪校区校际互借了另一本库存,让我这两天爱不释手。草草读完,以后有机会再仔细读一遍吧。

简单的和大家分享一下吧:1视角:在中国受过苦难的四位母亲(讲述她的母亲和女儿),和她们在美国长大的四位ABC女儿(讲述她的母亲和她的经历)。可能是好久没看小说了吧,是不是小说都这样——把主角的苦难放大,博得读者的同情。不过,没有这些估计小说也就没有人看了。在苦难过后的释怀或压抑,到像是给读者的。

2女性:这部以女性的心理描述(主人公大多是女性),有着独特的风格。尤其是女儿篇,不论是孩子时还是长大后。比如:中国式幻觉——其中一女孩的床在墙角,睡觉能听到隔壁母女的吵闹,孩子把每晚的争吵都会在心中预演成凶杀。  想想自己的童年,好像也有很多诡异的胡思乱想。

3亲情:女孩一直处在中国传统和西方理念的冲突中。“我的讯息会以加法的形式传入母亲的耳中”、可我又不觉得自己的成就与母亲有什么多大的关系——母亲总以女儿的成功来往自己身上贴金。 这两点可能大家还是有所体会的。

另一方面,真正的亲情是割舍不断的,最后母女的交流又回到儿时那样。扯开去一下,突然想到《安琪拉的灰烬》里的一次感恩节大餐,贫穷的一家人享用了母亲从救济会领来的猪头肉,足够温暖。 在读女孩篇时,会让我想到《芒果街上的小屋》和《圣诞忆旧集》,孩子的视角真的很能引起共鸣。

4装B的一些话和一些有意思的事:随便举些例子吧:1)“她说,就是因为“信仰(Faith)”,才会令那么多好事用到我们家内。当时我想,她或许指的是“命运(Fate)”,因为她老发不准th这个音。”读到这段时,我就好奇“信仰”与“命运”的关系。书的后几页来了句“她竟愚蠢到妄图用信仰去改变命运!”难道不是吗?谁都想改变命运,并或多或少借助信仰。

2)母亲与父亲的西式浪漫:主要还是小说中描述的“命运条”,在每块饼干中都会手工塞进去一纸条,里面会写着各种箴言,如“钻石是女孩子最好的伴侣,对一对好朋友,你永远不要原地踏步。如果你有了这个想法,那就是求婚的时候了。”于是在父亲吃到这个母亲悄悄准备的饼干后,向母亲求婚了。

3)中国女性的隐忍:“我觉得自己也变成水池的一只小乌龟,成千只喜鹊在啄饮池里的水,那些水全是我的眼泪。”而“哭有什么用呢?你的眼泪并不能洗尽你的悲伤,反而喂养了别人的欢乐,所以,你必须学会吞下自己的眼泪。”

觉得自己上面写的言不由衷,很烂,不看也罢。不过,这本书非常值得一看,尤其推荐女孩子看一下。

该用户从未签到

14#
  嘛……豆瓣第一条书评……突然不知道该从何开始讲……作者谭恩美是美籍华人,她的首次长篇喜福会是成名作……一开始觉得会在美国畅销完全是因为他们对中国的理念、文化、过去那种未开化的不同于他们社会的一种带点神秘的吸引力。可是看着看着就从那四对母女各自的自白与叙述中读到了一点影子——不是单纯中国文化的影子。每个人都有影子,而从她们每人各自的篇章里投影下来的细枝末节就那样看似散乱的铺展开。总共十六个章节……每章都仿佛是独立的短篇……所以若是你问我这本书说了什么,那以我的表述能力……只能让你们感觉看到一块大石头被投入湖泊的景象——从一个叫喜福会的湖泊里飞溅出来的点滴水花,每一滴都只是微小到肉眼差点忽略的体积,或阳光或月光,不论明还是暗它都折射出星点般的光……若是整体来看,那就是很盛大的景观了,耀眼却不刺眼,忽略不了的光华。这便是我抽象的感受,若具像出来倒也可以,但几个关键字描述出的大概总显得味如嚼蜡……不论是中美各个方面的差异、还是母女互相爱着对方却笨拙的表达方式、甚至几个伙伴间看似亲热但心里仍攀比不停的自尊心……翻译出来的语言并不华丽,一句一句朴实的搭建仍造了一栋温暖的小屋,里面的人物因为真实而让人产生亲切的好感。每个角色成功的一面或性格上小人物的欠缺都在多人物角度的观点中完善出来,变得越发丰满。个人最喜欢的就是美国和中国差异具像到母女身上而产生的矛盾与包容……特别是在母女处事与沟通上的描写……感觉就是现实中一般母女都有的情况与感受嘛!因为实在于我太共鸣,于是我终于来评价里唠叨了~果然母女关系就是爱恨纠结体啊~

该用户从未签到

15#
       “到了美国,我就要生个女儿,她会很像我。但在美国,她却无须仰仗丈夫鼻息度日。在美国,不会有人歧视她,因为,我会让她讲上一口流利漂亮的美式英语。她将应有尽有,不会烦恼不会忧愁。她会领略我的一番苦心,我要她成为一只比期望中还要好上一百倍的漂亮的天鹅!”,故事的开头这样写到。
        四个飘扬过海的女性,在美国生下女儿。她们一方面盼望女儿能继承美国的开放,美国的思维方式,一方面骨子里却放不下中国传统女性的教导,她们希望女儿能隐忍,孝顺。既不属于中国,也不属于美国,文化的冲突,让母女之间摩擦不断。
        记得小说的后面讲了安梅的故事,安梅在落泪,池子里的乌龟浮起头跟她说,我吞了你的泪水,所以我也知道你在受苦,但我得警告你,如
  果你经常这样哭,那你的一生,将会有许多痛苦和忧伤。
        也许上一代的她们能用中国女性独有的能力躲避了不幸,但他们却教不会她们的女儿有关中国的气质。

该用户从未签到

16#
  本来在图书馆找到的是台湾的繁体译本,然后被上译的版本吸引,最近看书比较快,一晚上就看完了...很多故事很多感受,里面那句女儿在河的对岸,我在对岸和女儿相望,记忆比较深刻,还有最后结尾挺感人的,看了眼眶有点湿,想着有空把原文借回来,或许更能体会那种原文的感觉...

该用户从未签到

17#
  在论文里面,《喜福会》是作为反面论据存在。以下是片段:

在这三个流散女性作家的作品中,都可以寻找到“女儿”这一身份,如谭恩美《喜福会》(The Joy Luck Club)中的吴精美,严歌苓《人寰》中的“我”,《穗子物语》中的“穗子”,虹影《饥饿的女儿》中的“六六”。无一例外,小说的主人公都以“自我”作为写作的叙述视角和第一人物,这是女性书写的一个特征。这种“自我于她们是第一重要的,是创作的第一人物。这些人物总是改头换面地登场,万变不离其宗。[14]”然而,在华裔作家谭恩美的笔下,这种“自我”是作为极致的独立个体来塑造的,这种极致冲破了中西方并存的父权制,女性意识极为强烈,同时这种“自我”同中国的传统文化和在传统文化下生长的中国形象之间呈现的是断裂关系,“是由自我去‘定义外铄的关系和角色[10]”,这与西方的存在主义重视“自我”密不可分。这时候的中国形象在文本中呈现的目的就变得私有化,个人化,这与传统的中国形象所体现的“二人”关系[10]之间是不平衡的。比如在小说《喜福会》中,展现的是中国移民的母亲与在美国生长的女儿之间的文化冲突,但是这种文化冲突并没有被独立出来作为一个民族和另外一个民族的“对抗点”,而是将这种文化冲突当成是母女间互相了解和联系的障碍体,并最终被吴精美的“中国之行”所突破,搭建了一座所谓的“文化桥梁”。文本中出现的“玉坠”、“红烛”等不能简单而又自然而然地被视为中国传统文化的代表,此时它们已经是作为母女沟通的纽带存在。书中吴精美对母亲这个土生土长的中国人的不了解直接暴露出作者对中国文化的陌生感,并且她对那些母亲所代表的中国形象的了解终归是停留在“母亲身份”的层面上。王德威在《想象中国的方法》的序中提到“小说的流变与‘中国之命运’看似无甚攸关,却每有若合符节之处”,“比起历史政治中的中国,小说所反映的中国或许更真切实在些[15]”。而在谭恩美的笔下却没有“真切”的“中国形象”存在。华裔女作家谭恩美笔下的小说更应该把它当作人情小说来读,而不是烙印着中国文化标记的流散小说,它已经漂浮于中国的文化根本之外。而谭恩美所做的是在异国的土地上“兜售中国的历史”。她的小说对中国形象的平面化,线性化处理迎合了美国主流社会对于边缘生活和情感的窥视欲和对他们眼中所谓“落后民族”的救赎情节。

PS:说“兜售历史”似乎有点严重了。

该用户从未签到

18#
  The Joy Luck Club is Amy Tan’s debut to the world, and to be honest, this is the first time I finished an English novel. It drives me into a fancy world where I can find a dramatic China, coiling her body between the tradition and the modernity. Four pair of mothers and daughters being obedient or independent to the past and future, their stubbornness and the confusion between the two different cultures and their identities is quite touching.

Unfortunately, it seems that the world manifested by Cheng Naishan etc.  is relatively different form the world Amy Tan created. I did not realize the problem until I picked up their translation text just for scanning, after the reading of the English version . The problem blooms so seriously that I am beginning to doubt the contemporary translation circumstance in China, combining other reading experiences I had before.

As the translation theories have developed rapidly since the 20th century, the source text is no longer unchangeable. Translators’ subjectivity is taken into consideration in common discussion, “equivalence” generally replaces “faithfulness” as the standard of translation, and “Catford’s linguistic theory of translation and Eugene Nida’s dynamic equivalence are the two most representative theories concerning “equivalence”. “Their theories on the one hand admit the status of the author and the original text, and on the other hand they also confront the personal involvement of translator in his or her work.”(陈燕敏,13) But how to keep balance between the authors’ authorities and translators’ freedom is not an immediately solvable question concerning both translation theorists and translators.

I chose Part 1, chapter 2 AN-MEI HSU: Scar and Part 2, chapter 7 ROSE HSU JORDAN: Half and Half (mainly because these two chapters constitute half of one mother-daughter story: AN-MEI HSU and ROSE HSU JORDAN’ story) to show the pessimistic statistics. 53 phrases and sentences are not completely translated into Chinese, including 2 entire paragraphs deleted ; 57 Paraphrases, 33 alterations with less changing of meaning while 20 “modifications” with sharp changing in significance and 4 changes in sentence patterns; 12 creations, which the author actually does not mention at all.

1.        The Missing Organs.
  The missing tissues can be easily fond throughout the whole book, some are acceptable:

ST :Mrs. Jordan also had a few words to say. Ted had casually invited me to a family picnic, the annual clan reunion held by the polo fields in Golden Gate Park. (Tan, Amy, 117, emphasis added)

Cheng’s translation: 同时,特德的母亲乔顿太太那边,对此也有一番话了。那天,特德偶尔发兴,请我去金门公园参加一个他们家族一年一度的家庭野餐。(程乃珊,100)

This sentence is taken from ROSE HSU Jordan’s explanation on the attitude towards Rose and Ted’s relationship from Ted’s mother. Here the “clan reunion” and “by the polo field” is not stated in the Chinese translation, but it has less effort on purport expression, thus this deletion is permissible.

But some are quite serious:

ST: My mother did not let her chin fall down. She walked back to the beach and put the Bible down. She picked up the thermos and teacup and walked to the water’s edge. Then she told me that the night before she had reached back into her life, back when she was a girl in China, and this is what she had found.

“I remember a boy who lost his hand in a firecracker accident,” she said. “I saw the shreds of this boy’s arm, his tears, and then I heard his mother’s claim that he would grow back another hand, better than the last. This mother said she would pay back an ancestral debt ten times over. She would use a water treatment to soothe the wrath of Chu Jung, the three-eyed god of fire. And true enough the next week this boy was riding a bicycle, both hands steering a straight course past my astonished eyes!”

And then my mother became very quiet. She spoke again in a thoughtful, respectful manner.

“An ancestor of ours once stole water from a sacred well. Now the water is trying to steal back. We must sweeten the temper of the Coiling Dragon who lives in the sea. And then we must make him loosen his coils from Bing by giving him another treasure he can hide.”

My mother poured out tea sweetened with sugar into the teacup, and threw this into the sea. And then she opened her fist. In her palm was a ring of watery blue sapphire, a gift from her mother, who had died many years before. This ring, she told me drew coveting stares from women and made them inattentive to the children they guarded so jealously. This would make the Coiling Dragon forgetful of Bing. She threw the ring into the water. (Tan, 128~129, emphasis added)

Cheng’s translation: 妈并不泄气,她回到沙滩上,拎起热水瓶和茶杯,来到大海边上。事后,当她恢复过来后,曾跟我说过,从前在中国时,人们都用这方法来祭海,以平息龙王的怒气。而这通常是很有效的。

此刻,妈把茶倒入杯中,加了白糖,再抹下手上一只蓝宝石戒,那是外婆留给她的遗物。如今外婆去世多年了。这枚戒指,母亲不止一次得意地对我说过,不知吸引过多少女人的羡慕和注意。现在,她把这枚戒指也献给龙王,希望龙王会放出平。她把戒指扔入海里。(程乃珊, 110, emphasis added)

This short passage is taken from ROSE HSU JORDAN‘s memory on AN-MEI HSU’s effort to get her son, Bing back from drowning in the sea. Obviously the translators rewrite the plot here, completely delete the story which AN-MEI told her daughter and the prayer she said before the symbolic ceremony. All the legends and stories told by the mothers in the frame tales create a mysterious and unfamiliar scene of China for Chinese readers, offering ways to know how the author understands and interprets her native culture and to glimpse what the image of China it is in the eyes’ of Chinese Americans. The stories may be too eccentric to be translated, but the abridgement diminishes the sentimental expression and reduced the vivid story to a quite pale narrative.

2.  The Pathological Blood Vessels

The pathological blood vessels are most common problems in the translation text, due to the abuse of free translation. The method of paraphrase does help the local readers comprehend foreign text better, but sometimes it will lead to transformations of significance:
  ST: “An-mei,” she (Popo) murmured, now more gently. “Your dying clothes are very plain. They are not fancy, because you are still a child. If you die, you will have a short life and you will still owe your family a debt. Your funeral will be very small. Our mourning time for you will be very short.” (Tan, 47, emphasis added)

Cheng’s translation: “安梅,”这下,她(婆婆)的语气温柔一点了。“你的寿衣很素净,一点不鲜艳,因为,你还只是个孩子,即便你的寿数短了点了,你还是亏欠了养育你的长辈,因此,你的丧事也将是简单的。我们会很快把你忘掉的。”(程乃珊, 34, emphasis added)

This is from AN-MEI HSU’s childhood memory when she is dying. Cheng comprehends Popo’s words “Our mourning time for you will be very short.” as “we will forget you soon (我们会很快把你忘掉的).” This might be a way of interpreting, but “mourning time” can also represent the special period that Chinese people mourn for the defunct family members, usually will be seven days or forty-nine days, even three years for parents in ancient China. A short mourning time, as Popo explained in the text, is because kids owed family a debt when they died young. It is a common tradition that the funeral for seniority is more magnificent than funeral for children in China; whereas “We will forget you soon” lose all the information above and simply bring an extra emotional influence that AN-MEI’s relatives in Ningpo are unconcerned with her, she is not even worth a usual mourning time, thus a more negative portrait for Popo is furbished.

Another paraphrase case, which is related to rhetoric:

ST: “Ted, if you want me to go, I’ll go.” (Said Rose)
  And it was as if something snapped in him (referred Ted). “How the hell did we ever get married? Did you just say ‘I do’ because the minister said ‘repeat after me’? What would you have done with your life if I had never married you? Did it ever occur to you?”
  This was such a big leap in logic, between what I said and what he said, that I thought we were like two people standing apart on separate mountain peaks, recklessly leaning forward to throw stones at one another, unaware of the dangerous chasm that separated us.

But now I realize that Ted knew what he was saying all long. He wanted to show me the rift. Because later that evening he called from Los Angeles and said he wanted a divorce. (Tan, 120, emphasis added)

Cheng’s translation: “特德,如果你要我去,我就去。”
  他好像被火烙了,暴跳如雷地对我吼道:“真见鬼,我们到底怎么会结婚的!在婚礼上,瞧你一本正经地跟着牧师:我会做个好妻子,我会与你共患难……统统见鬼去吧,你只不过是跟着牧师在鹦鹉学舌。如果我不娶你,你将怎么过?也是这样不肯作任何决定,不肯承担一点责任吗?”

从逻辑上来说,是我们各自的所作所为,导致了我们间感情的恶化,那简直是个一百八十度的大突变。我俩就像分别站在两个山头上互扔石头的家伙,肆意的攻击,最终导致了这场婚姻的破裂。
  然而现在我意识到了,在特德,他是早有准备的,或者说,早有此居心了。他这是故意在制造事端。因为自那晚不久,他就从洛杉矶打电话过来,正式向我提出离婚。(程乃珊, 102~103, emphasis added)

This part is taken from ROSE HSU JORDAN’s narration on the quarrel between Ted and her, starting from Ted’s querying if Rose wanted to come along with him to Los Angeles for a dermatology course. What the narrator (Rose) mentioned here “This was such a big leap in logic” is referred to “between what I said and what he said”, because just before Ted‘s roaring they were talking about Rose’s decision on going or not, a casual topic at home but suddenly Ted started to roar about how did they get married; while the “big leap” in translation text is point to “our behaviors lead to the crash of relationship”. The denotation of the words has been switched.

The simile which narrator used to describe the broken relationship shrink to something not so pathetic in the translation: “unaware of the dangerous chasm that separated us.” is translated into “finally lead to the divorce (最终导致了这场婚姻的破裂。)”. “The dangerous chasm” implies that the marriage is in danger, but expressing it as a declaration causes it to lose so much poetic imagination and sentiment within the expressions. The reason to make this change in rhetoric seems unreasonable and doubtable, since from my point of view, it is beyond the essentials.

And two instances of sentence pattern transformation:
  ST 1: And when I say that it is certainly true, that our marriage is over, I know what else she will say: “Then you must save it.”  (Tan, 116, emphasis added)

Cheng’s translation: 就算我向她一再明白表示,我和特德的婚姻已经过去了,她一定还会这样说:“一点也没法挽救了?”(程乃珊, 99, emphasis added)

ST 2:I see him standing by the wall, safe, calling to my father, who looks over his shoulder toward Bing. How glad I am that my father is going to watch him for a while! (Tan, 125, emphasis added)

Cheng’s translation: 我看见他背靠墙面站定,没任何危险的征兆。他在叫着爸爸。 爸爸回头答应着他。我很高兴爸能代我看管他一阵。(程乃珊, 107, emphasis added)

In the first case, instead of the original declarative sentence “Then you must save it.”, an interrogative sentence “It can not be saved at all? / You can not save it at all? (一点也没法挽救了?) ” takes position; While in the second case, the translators use a declarative sentence “I’ m glad that my father is going to watch him for a while. (我很高兴爸能代我看管他一阵。) ” to replace the exclamatory sentence “How glad I am that my father is going to watch him for a while!”. Generally speaking, various intimations and emotions can be touched though different sentence patterns, to translate the sentence patterns which author used to describe certain feelings is not that difficult to do, then why the translators choose to change them remains a query from the readers .

3.  The Tumors.

The translators’ subjectivity continues functioning, besides cutting off and replacing, they create some brand-new expressions to demonstrate their abilities:

ST 1: After her prayer, her faith was so great that she saw him, three times, waving to her from just beyond the first wave. “Nale!” ----There! And she would stand straight as a sentinel, until three times her eyesight failed her and Bing turned into a dark spot of churning seaweed. (Tan, 128)

Cheng’s translation: 她的坚定不移的信念,竟令她在一片朦胧中三次见到平,在白花花的浪尖上向他挥手。“哪?呵,在那里!”她犹如一个尽责的哨兵,直挺挺地伫立着,目光力图穿透那片海与天之间,张挂着的触摸不着的白纱。但每次,平一出现,即隐去,我们只能看见黑黢黢地浮游着的海草丛。(程乃珊, 110, emphasis added)

ST 2: “He’s there,” she said firmly. She pointed to the jagged wall across the water. “I see him. He is in a cave, sitting on a little step above the water. He is hungry and a little cold, but he has learned now not to complain too much.” (Tan, 129)

Cheng’s translation: “他就在那里。”妈的双脚像两根大理石的石柱,牢牢地插定在沙滩上。几乎不是凭着意识,而是单凭着肌肉的力量,她一只手举着指定对面那片锯齿形的黑色剪影,海湾那边的围墙,固执地说,“我看见他了,他就在山洞里,坐在漫浸着水的石台阶上,又饿又冷。但他已老成多了,学会了忍耐。”(程乃珊, 111, emphasis added)

It seems that the beautiful sentences translators add on should not be blamed; it creates a more vivid scene and reinforces the charm of the plot. However, translation is not an activity of composing; translators should not over exaggerate while some small creating methods are acceptable.

After the author completes the book with the last drop of ink and sends it to the publisher, the work should be considered as a lively creature; nothing can be easily cut off or added on. However, the translation cannot be done only though literal translating, multiple strategies and methods such as free translating, proper deletion and some appropriate transformations do perfect the translation text and make it easier for readers to understand. As Cheng Naishan states in the postscript of the 2006 version: “both literal translation and paraphrase strategies are adopted in order to cater for Chinese readers’ habits and preserve the jocoseness and American humor in the original text. This version has deleted some explanations which aim to help foreign readers who don’t know Chinese traditions too much. (为了照顾中国读者的阅读习惯,尽量保留原作的诙谐和美国式的幽默,在翻译过程中,直译与意译相结合;这个版本删除了一些作者原为照顾不了解中国习俗的外国读者而作的一些注释)” (程乃珊, 260) But if this is the case, the Chinese culture in author’s mind will be blurred and the world author created will be distorted, compare to the original text.

Since the translator’s subjectivity involves a large number of factors, as Meng Xiaoqing puts, “the translator’s ideology, thinking patterns, aesthetic-orientation, empathy, and personal experiences and so on. It is related to circumstances more individual in nature such as one’s origin, race, education, gender, age, social class, sexual orientation, political convictions, moral values, religious beliefs, personal experiences, relationships and interests, all factors contributing to the positional of the translator” (Meng Xiaoqing, 22),responsible translators should be prudent to use the strategies and methods (especially when translating the foreign books into native language.) for assuring the original meaning and tastes.

References
  Graham, D. Edward. “Unquiet on the Western Front: The ‘Orientalism’ of Contemporary Chinese-American Women Writers.” Oriental Prospects: Western Literature and the Lure of the East. Ed. C.C. Barfoot and Theo d' Haen. Havard: Rodopi B.V.Editions, 1998
  Meng, Xiangqi. Translator, subjectivity and Translation Norms. Beijing: Beijing Language and Culture University, 2004.
  Schell, Orville. “Your Mother Is in Your Bones.” New York Times 19 March, 1989.
  Tan, Amy. The Joy Luck Club. New York: Penguin Books, 2006.
  陈燕敏. Back Translation and Reproduction of Author’s Style in Chinese     American Literature----A Case Study of Joy Luck Club. 上海:上海外国语大学学位论文库,2009.
  谭恩美. 程乃珊、贺培华、严映薇(译).《喜福会》. 上海:上海译文出版社,2006.
  肖薇.《異質文化語境下的女性書寫——海外華人女性寫作比較研究》. 成都:四川出版集團巴蜀書社,2005.

该用户从未签到

19#
  《喜福会》实际上就是描述了4个家庭2代人普普通通的生活,但在这平凡生活中流露出的真情确实最为震撼的。我喜欢书中的最后一节,吴精美在上海机场同从未见面的2个双胞胎姐姐拥抱一起,彼此呼唤着她们已经过世的妈妈,此情此景甚是感人。

该用户从未签到

20#
  在书中看到了作为女儿我的影子,婚后才发现自己开始理解母亲了。好喜欢书中的一段话“女孩就像一棵树。你必须挺起身子,听站在你边上的妈的话,唯有这样,你才能长得挺拔强壮。加入你俯身去听别人的话,那你就会变得佝偻软弱,一阵风就把你吹倒了。”如果有一天我有了女儿,一定会让她看这本书。

网站地图|小黑屋|Archiver|DoThinkings 悦书籍,思人生   

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 04:39 , Processed in 0.046213 second(s), 16 queries .