开心
    2013-4-11 21:45
  • 签到天数: 2 天

连续签到: 1 天

[LV.1]初来乍到

跳转到指定楼层
    楼主
    发表于 2013-5-25 01:15:27 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

此主题为自动生成的书评内容贴,书籍链接地址: http://www.dothinkings.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=12039

书评内容会自动聚合在本帖中
    分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
    收藏收藏 分享淘帖

该用户从未签到

沙发
    发表于 2013-7-24 02:31:32 | 只看该作者
           flipped,最早是在两年前看英语老师放的电影,看完之后觉得挺小清新的,但也当时没有什么特别的感觉。那个时候的我只喜欢看什么悬疑高智商电影,对爱情片根本不屑一顾,曾一度把记忆碎片奉为神作。而现在我一打开一个悬疑电影,根本就看不进去,反而倒是对爱情题材,一些能反映真实生活的电影看不厌,在网上搜爱情片的时候,就看到有网友推荐怦然心动,所以又把这部电影找出来看了一遍,感触就很多了。了解到这不电影是改编自同名小说,就在网上下下来看了一遍。我的英语水平也就是一般的六级水平,所以第一次读的时候的生词还是不少的。所以很多地方都没有太过于注重细节,主要是看故事。
           这本书的高明之处就在于它是用juli和bryce的视角分别叙述故事,同一件事,在两个人的眼中就有了区别,误解、不成熟的举动,在这个过程中,两个小孩都在不知不觉中改变。bryce的改变是最大的,原本的他就像他父亲一样,虚伪,懦弱,甚至juli在他眼里连朋友都不是,而在后来,居然在大庭广众之下想要kiss juli,I'd never felt like this before. Ever. And just admitting it to myself instead of hiding from it made me feel strong.之后,I'll never be the same again.这种改变就是flipped。juli也是一样,从一开始,The first day I met Bryce Loski, I flipped. It was those eyes, something in those dazzling eyes.直到她意识到bryce的整体是小于部分的,小于those dazzling eyes, 到最后,I am over him。一个女孩从一见钟情中走了出来,从而可以理性的评价她喜欢的人。人都说爱情中都是盲目的,可盲目并不是一件什么值得褒扬的事。人都说爱情中最美的就是那种暧昧。而flipped却告诉我,爱情中的改变也可以让人那么着迷。
           然而让我最最感动的地方却不是任何刻意煽情的地方。而是在basket boys拍卖时,到bryce前面的那个男孩Jon Trulock的时候,就是电影里那个胖胖的戴个眼镜的男孩,在这里电影和原著就有了很大的出入。电影是,juli因为下一个人就是bryce,害怕自己管不住自己竞拍bryce,所以匆忙拍下了Jon Trulock,花掉手里的钱,8 dollars,一次就拍下来了。而在原著中是,在Trulock拍卖的时候竟然没人竞拍(很尴尬),juli认为Trulock挺 nice,不应该有这样的冷场,所以她举手了,说白了跟bryce没半毛钱的关系,然后才是感动我的地方,juli为了照顾Trulock的自尊心,她和她的闺蜜竞拍,一唱一和最后18 dollars 成交的。在这里我瞬间就没有抵抗力了,这样的善良的女孩谁能不被她吸引?
           还有原著中,贯穿始终的关于部分和整体的判断,这是值得用一生来思考的问题。人生终究不是小说,尤其是深陷其中的时候,生如夏花,怎么勘破?也许下面这句话能告诉我们些什么。
           Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss. But every once in a while you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare.

该用户从未签到

板凳
    发表于 2013-8-12 10:37:31 | 只看该作者
          Flipped is a romance novel written by Wendelin Van Draanen, an American author of children’s books. Produced in 2001, the book was considered to be a stand-alone teen romance as well as one of the representative works of the author. Wendelin ingeniously adopted he-said she-said style, alternately presenting a shared set of events with different perspectives of two main characters. Though the novel is about teenagers’ life, it’s also intriguing for adults to read and enjoy, since it shows us how beautiful and pure the adolescence love is. The story may even strike a chord with readers, reminding them of their first love.

The novel is about a girl named Juli Baker who was attracted by Bryce Loski at first sight, just before their second grade. Since then, she has begun to try every means to approach him. Unfortunately, Bryce didn’t feel the same for her. For many years he tried to avoid her and saw her as a nuisance. But Juli was a gutty girl who seldom gives up. Once she insisted staying on a sycamore tree she loved in order to prevent it from being cut down. But her efforts didn’t pay off. For two years, she sent eggs to Bryce, only to find that he had always thrown them out. Her disappointment increased when she heard Bryce laugh at her. Thereafter she decided to get over him. However, things changed in their eighth grade. Bryce realized that he had gradually grown an affection for Juli, but Juli’s mind was a little bit different.

In my opinion, the reason why this story is so interesting and fascinating is that it is simple and sincere. We have read so many stories with twisted plots and complex structures, which are certainly appealing but may make readers a little tense and even tired. Totally different from that style, however, flipped is fresh and sweet. Its plot is simple; the emotion it describes is pure. The theme is also positive and encouraging. Two characters are young and innocent, without the burden of the adult world. When Bryce wished to win Juli’s heart again after she ran away from him at the basket boy luncheon, he thought:” I’m willing to do anything to get her to talk to me. Man, I’ll drive after her into a chicken coop full of poop if that’s what it takes. I’ll ride my bike all the stinkin’way to school for the rest of eternity if it means being with her.” For a boy of his age, it’s probably all the methods he could come up with to turn someone around. But that was not enough. Finally he chose to plant a sycamore tree for Juli, which successfully made her willingly wave to him. Besides, she wished to talk to him and “meet him in the proper light.” For Juli, proper light is important and special because it was what her father had been trying to teach her about painting. Meeting Bryce in the proper light means that Juli thought their relationship might be able to go to the right track. Eventually they can be together, after some misunderstanding and unpleasant events between them. Through analysis of the teens’ innocence, we can feel the purity and beauty of their affection, which is different from adults ‘desires.

The novel also succeeds in building characters. Using the first-person narration, it’s easy for us to immerse in their world. Vivid psychological description can often be found. In this way, we can get a better understanding of Juli and Bryce. For instance, when Juli climbed up high in the sycamore tree, she saw an extraordinary landscape which she had never seen before. At that moment, she started “marveling at how I was feeling both humble and majestic.” She thought:” How was that possible? How could I be so full of peace and full of wonder? How could this simple tree make me feel so complex? So alive.” From the description we can feel that Juli is a fine girl who is sensitive to the beauty in life and is always open and active to find them. This impression grew deeper as the plot goes on. From where I stand, this characteristic of Juli’s personality is perhaps a large part of her charm. According to the author, she opened her heart to write down the joy、 sorrow、loneliness and confusion of teenagers. And she hoped boys and girls can learn to feel not only their own feelings but also others. I think her goal is reached through this novel.

In a nutshell, flipped is a delightful book worth reading. Both children and adults will like it, especially for those who want to refresh themselves with a light and interesting story. With delicate touches and detailed description, it perfectly represents the purity and innocence of adolescence love. It might arouse sympathy among readers, and let them better understand people’s feelings around them.

该用户从未签到

地板
    发表于 2013-8-13 01:48:49 | 只看该作者
          可能是过了这年龄段了,虽然我也不算大,但是没有被这本书描写的纯纯的爱打动,作者描写的小男生女生之间的爱恋,读上去很熟悉,青春期的爱情心理,结尾感觉很突兀,开始我以为自己下载的书不全,又去网上找了下关于结尾的描述,发现原书就这这样,留下了很大的让人想象的空间,作者描写的是恋爱中美好的部分,走在了一起往后还会有争吵,还会遇到生活中的很多事情吧……

该用户从未签到

5#
    发表于 2013-8-24 11:24:25 | 只看该作者
      可爱的故事,以两个小主人公各自的视角描述一段共同的经历:flipped。喜欢Juli的独特、真实、善良,喜欢她对人和自然的感知力,她把“喜欢”表现得干脆直接,她不过分在意别人的看法。哪怕没有人理解她在sycamore tree上所领略到的风景,她也并不解释。她的外表不出众,但她的内心藏着一片广阔而迷人的世界。这样的女孩,越了解,越令人喜欢。
      Bryce的叙述语气一直很可爱,青春期男孩的骄傲、不屑、无奈、失措,傻乎乎的。为他的转变而开心,佩服他最后敢于在大家面前亲吻(虽然没成功)喜欢的女孩的勇气。Lost in your blue eyes.

该用户从未签到

6#
    发表于 2013-8-28 22:53:55 | 只看该作者
      I ought to put down something about this piece, before the few sparkles in mind disappear into fears, desperations and finally sink into the ineffable past.

Julie is the sole reason why I was attached to this book. She reminds me of myself when I was her age -- too young to have learnt subduing feelings, too ignorant of the surroundings until truths being revealed and self-importance turning into serious self-evaluation. She’s so true that you feel the way she feels.

Her ever-inspiring sycamore tree, her boy with the purest blue eyes, her supporting families (and yes including naughty Mike and Matt)... They are all part of Julie’s life, her yet-to-find-the-truth life.

She’s so simple-minded that she takes it for granted that as long as she sits on that tree, it would be saved. Her voice is weak but mind resolute. It’s almost what everyone has experienced in their lives -- crying over something for whatever reason that nobody else could understand. It’s exhausting to even attempt to protect something that nobody else cares, isn’t it? But Julie doesn’t curb. She does so for her reasons, reasons that polluted minds can never explain. But never mind. Everyone possesses secrets like this.

As Julie first described her feeling toward Bryce, I felt stunned. It was as if I was back in junior high, maintaining a crush on a boy whose appearance I can no longer piece together by now. The only things I could remember are his chalky skin, his way of walking like he’s always wanting to force a huge leap. He wore lots of black jackets. He was pretty good with Mathematics and Physics. He was not a typical good-looking boy by Chinese standards but there occasionally were rumors about him and other girls. I liked him. Everyone knew it but he just pretended he didn’t even know me. Even so, I seldom missed a chance of meeting him around the corner, when he was supposed to be on duty out of some school policy. What could I do anymore? I felt bad about myself.

And that’s why I was engaged with Julie’s story. It was just so true.

In general, the story is easy to read. Characters are entertaining, and plot is vivacious. The book is worth reading for anyone who’s ever tried to retrieve their school memories. But personally, a five-star rating is too much for this book.

该用户从未签到

7#
    发表于 2013-9-10 10:36:25 | 只看该作者
      “The first day I met Bryce Loski, I flipped. Honestly, one look at him and I became a lunatic. It’s his eyes. Something in his eyes. They’re blue, and framed in the blackness of his lashes, they’re dazzling. Absolutely breathtaking. ”- Julianna Baker.

If you want to try reading your first novel in English, I strongly recommend you Flipped. It’s a book written for children (Although it is for children, adults can also have fun in pure children’s thought and power) by first person narrator. Also, recommend you the film Flipped based on this novel. By the way, the music of the film is fantastic.

It is a crime to miss such a book and a film.

This book is about a love between 2 children and family education of each. A girl (Julianna Baker) got hit by a boy’s (Bryce Loski) dazzling eyes as the first paragraph said. But beneath the surface, who was he? A coward? It seemed like that at the really beginning. The boy constantly got annoyed by the girl’s chase. First annoyed, and then be deeply into her. They two both were impacted by their family. Juli’s father told her to get beyond his eyes and his smiles and the sheen of his hair-look at what’s really there, while Bryce’s grandfather gave instructions and kept hope on that his grandson was not a coward.

This book is organized in two lines-Bryce’s views and Juli’s opinions towards the same things are alternately arranged by chapter. As a reader, I found it hard to avoid yelling for I saw how misunderstanding occurred for their views differed, for they just saw one aspect of an event. For example, Garrett (Bryce’s friend) knew Juli’s uncle was retarded and said an apple isn’t far from its tree. In the back of heart, Bryce became angry for his didn’t knowing Juli at all, but politely replied,  “Yes, you are right”. The talking was under Juli’s eye. Definitely, there was impossible for her to read Bryce's mind-You didn’t know Juli at all. Seeing is believing? No! There could be an exception!

Juli Baker is the biggest shining point of this novel.

To Juli Baker: it is so hard to find a personality with charm like yours to me.

I envied Juli so much. She basically saw everything as a gift from God- that sycamore tree, her lovely family. And she acted as a model student at school. When you pay careful attention to everything around you and try to feel them, you may have a good knowledge of how to tackle problems. Why a man says one thing to a person, and says the opposite to another? Is he/she a bastard? Or it is just a strategic avoidance to protect himself/herself? If you put yourself in his/her shoes, you may find out. And in this way, win some experience to deal with various people.

Love is character blind? Not for Juli. Falling in love with Bryce at the first sight, she later analyzed his movement-did not making a stand for sycamore tree protection, throwing away her eggs-for-free and ect. and asked her inner self- is he still my cup of tea. She once got confused for this and intended to get over him. But don’t forget, from scratch, Juli was so into him for couple years that she helped him in examinations by cheating, sniffed that water melon smell from him (kind of wired), took it as a responsibility for her to get rid of Shelly Stalls (Shelly Stall once thought herself as Bryce’s girlfriend). Only a girl with a crystal clear and intelligent mind does dare to love and to hate.

Be the change you want to see in the world. That was classic Juli. Salmonella poisoning was the reason why the Loski refused to eat Juli’s eggs-for-free. But where salmonella started? They thought it came out from the Baker’s yard full of turds and messy bushes. Then how Juli changed her world after knowing it? She hatched a heavy undertaking-fixing up her yard by trimming messy braches, building up fences, buying weeds, watering new saplings. By the way, Bryce granddad’s help made lots of sense.

What I envied most is that she has a struggling but warm and positive family. A father kept taking care of his retarded brothers for a long time. A mother tried hard to meet ends meet. They were a pair of kind, responsible parents, who would say something good about each other to their daughter even when they just finished a combat. Two dream-chasing brothers struggled on their music road. When fall down, get up rather than give up.

There is nothing good about Bryce and his family? Definitely not. You can find it yourself when reading.

Besides, Could there be some activities like “The Basket Boys” in my future life? Bidding a dreamed boy to share lunch together must be exciting and enjoyable!

Bidding is in progress:
      Minimum bid is fifty RMB. And the sky is the limit.
      “Do I hear fifty?”
      “Fifty!”
      “Fifty-two!”
      ”Sixty!”
      “Sixty going once. Sixty going twice. Sold to Sunny for sixty RMB”

Actually, it could be awkward when no one bids you. I once took part in an activity of an NGO. A girl selling her 24 hours was being bid. At first, nobody raised his hand, so she made a more detailed clarification about the benefits. After a while, finally, there was a hand raised up. I think if you are under bid, it would be better to ask your friend to bid you in case of no biding at all!

Try to write a 1000-word article in English every day. This article has taken me more than 3 hours (I plan to mark down the exact time I have spent next time). And I found it would be good to write an article in the same language as the book you read for you can practice using the words or sentences you like. Thanks for your reading and can’t wait for your advice.

该用户从未签到

8#
    发表于 2013-9-11 13:30:55 | 只看该作者
      喜欢朱莉的善良、美好、独立、勇敢表达,喜欢沉浸在自己喜欢的事物的女孩儿。
      对布莱斯的懦弱、胆小感到遗憾。不过,梧桐树,最后那颗梧桐树很可爱,很绿。
      初恋就像棉花糖,白白美美柔柔,舍不得去咬一口。终于,实在忍不住,咬一口。让人意犹未尽。
      看完此书,感慨,谁没有一个初恋,谁都应该有一个属于自己,属于青春,属于回忆的初恋。那么美,那么纯。喜欢~

网站地图|小黑屋|Archiver|DoThinkings 悦书籍,思人生   

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 22:09 , Processed in 0.049391 second(s), 22 queries .